Global Ministries University (GMU) and People’s Catholic Seminary (PCS) collaboratively offer a Master of Pastoral Ministry degree. The degree is granted by GMU and PCS provides the course of study. This program is a service preparation degree, designed for those who are walking the pathway to ordination, the ordained, and members of the inclusive communities of ARCWP and RCWP who seek to continue their education within an interactive supportive seminary environment.
To enroll in the Master of Pastoral Ministry (M.P.M.) degree program, apply directly to GMU, complete and submit application with $25 application fee. Once application and application fee are submitted to GMU, application will be directed to People’s Catholic Seminary.
The application fee includes official confirmation of eligibility, selection of courses, and exact cost of tuition and monthly payments. The applicant is not required to move forward with coursework and tuition payments until this admissions process is completed.
A bachelor degree is required for acceptance into the Master of Pastoral Ministry degree program.
The total number of credits needed for completion of the Master of Pastoral Ministry degree will be 36.
Prior Learning and Life Experience Allowance
A maximum of 18 credits may be awarded for prior learning and life experience combined.
Prior Learning Allowance – A maximum of 18 credits may be awarded for prior learning experience.
Prior Life Experience Allowance – A maximum of 9 credits may be awarded for life experience.
Credits Earned through Global Ministries University
Students must earn 18 credits through Global Ministries University.
Method of Study
Courses in this program are offered as an independent study or in a cohort model. Cohorts use a blog format to foster an interactive learning community. Students post assignments and are encouraged to comment on each other’s posts.
To take one course at a time, student may choose either a two or three-year payment plan.
To take two courses at a time, student must choose a one-year payment plan.
For more information, email: email@example.com
MASTER OF PASTORAL MINISTRY CURRICULUM
100. Introductory / Foundational
101. Contemporary Theology for the People of God
102. Feminist Introduction to the Bible
103. A Feminist Sacramental Theology
200. Jesus, Life and Teachings
201. Rediscovering Jesus in a Companionship of Empowerment
202. Parables as Subversive Stories
300. Women and Religion
301. Spiritual Encounters with Women Mystics
302. Women in the Hebrew Scripture
303. Women in the Gospels
304. Women in the Early Church
401. Sacraments: Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow
402. Eucharist: Embracing an Open Table
403. Baptism and Confirmation
404. Reshaping the Priesthood as a Discipleship of Equals
405. Marriage, Sexuality and Just-Love
406. Anointing of the Sick
407. Sacrament of Reconciliation
500. Future Church
501. Future Church: Evolving, Empowering and Egalitarian
502. Social Justice and Ethics
600. Pastoral Development
601. Homiletics and Preaching
602. Spiritual Direction: Spiritual Companions on a Journey
603. Spirituality of Art
700. Final Ministerial Project